Today we are chatting with Melissa Thomas.
Melissa is a financial coach, the author of the book Building My Yellow Brick Road: Life Lessons from Pursuing a Dream, and the blogger behind MelissaTheCoach.com.
But before doing all of that Melissa hit financial rock bottom in 2009 and slogged her way to successfully paying off over $43,000 in debt in just 4 years.
- 00:44 – Intro
- 01:17 – Melissa’s Financial Freedom Journey
- 07:01 – The Afford It Fallacy
- 11:31 – How much to save in an emergency fund
- 14:15 – Personalizing your Financial Freedom Journey
- 18:17 – Comparing Yourself to Others
- 20:05 – When your spouse isn’t ready for Financial Freedom
- 27:56 – Debt Free is Life Changing
- 29:21 – Leaving Your Comfort Zone
- 35:49 – Rapid Fire: What is one thing someone can do today that can have a lasting impact on their financial future?
- 39:26 – Rapid Fire: What is the best financial advice you have ever received?
- 40:00 – Rapid Fire: What is an internet resource such as Raise, CardCash or Rakuten that you recommend?
- 42:17 – Rapid Fire: What is one book you recommend everyone read and why?
- 44:48 – Contacting Melissa
Resources & Links:
- Financial Freedom Community
- Financial Freedom Community Facebook Group
- Dave Ramsey
- 100 Days of Rejection
- Leap: Leaving a Job with No Plan B to Find the Career and Life You Really Want – Tess Vigeland
- Building My Yellow Brick Road: Life Lessons from Pursuing a Dream – Melissa Thomas
- Facebook: MelissaTheCoach
- Instagram: MelissaTheCoach