Today we are talking with Melinda Davis.
Melinda is a Certified Financial Planner, Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor, and the founder of Davis Wealth Advisors.
Before starting Davis Wealth Advisors, Melinda found herself working with a financial advisor that didn’t have her best interest in mind.
As a result Melinda is passionate about providing transparency, education and clarity along with building deep relationships with her clients.
- 00:43 – Intro
- 01:22 – Melinda’s Journey
- 07:33 – What is a Financial Planner?
- 14:50 – Financial Planner vs. Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- 18:13 – Fiduciary vs. Suitability
- 27:58 – Flat Fee vs. Percentage Fee Financial Planner
- 33:16 – When should you go to a Financial Planner?
- 40:25 – The Financial Planning Experience
- 48:29 – The Wealth Management Experience
- 56:01 – Financial Planner Cost
- 01:01:05 – Melinda’s Final Takeaways
- 01:05:23 – Contacting Melinda
Resources & Links:
- Financial Freedom Community
- Financial Freedom Community Facebook Group
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
- Money Quotient
- Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence – Vicki Robin
- Davis Wealth Advisors